Saturday 4 September 2010

Doon the Watter

Last  Saturday i headed East along the Forth and Clyde Canal out to the Falkirk Wheel so this week i decided to go West and head out to the Erskine Bridge, so off i went at 6am with my hydration pack and my small flashing light, i was surprised how dark is was today compared to this time last week. it became lighter around 6:15 with the sun  just starting to come up, there was not a sole in sight. as i continued along the canal,i could feel my session from Wednesday evening still in my legs i know that i had did too much ,as  the day startedvto get warmer as i ran, my initial times were slightly slower but my marathon distance was up  by 2 minutes compared to last week but i was starting to fade so i decided that i should take the shortest route home which is around  33 miles so i opted for this rather than plod it out for another 30 minutes to get the same as last week. overall i am still pleased,i will shorten my speedwork next week to see how that goes.i also saw that John Kynaston was looking for anyone interested in running the last part of the RAW  on Sunday i was tempted but favoured the longer Saturday over the Sunday ,good to see that John is on the mend.

No comments:

Post a Comment