Wednesday 1 September 2010

A spring in my step

I enjoyed my rest day on Monday so it was back to business on Tuesday, i managed to get out the door around 6am and completed 12 miles prior to starting work, as my club don't meet up for sessions until the end of September i thought i should start today building in some speedwork, this would give me at least 4 weeks before we start training over the winter period. i decided to try out a 10 mile run and increse my pace as i went so here is the breakdown:

Mile 1 - 7.31     Mile 6 - 6.59
Mile 2 - 6.53     Mile 7 - 6.15
Mile 3 - 6.37     Mile 8 - 6.18
Mile 4 - 6.44     Mile 9 - 6.27
Mile 5 - 6.19     Mile 10 - 6.36 

apart from a piece of trail during mile 6 i am pleased with the way my speedwork session went.i don't know if my good running was just a spring in my step as the Fling opened for entries today ,whilst it is eight months away my entry was posted first thing today, i now have two sums events in my diary for 2011 so i need to put in the work over the winter and aim to be ready for early spring.

No comments:

Post a Comment